House Of Cards producer Dana Brunetti and I will be keynote speakers for this year’s Buffer Festival — a YouTube film festival and industry convention to be held in Toronto this fall.
Brunetti, the Oscar and Emmy-nominated producer behind The Social Network, Captain Phillips, and Fifty Shades Of Grey, will join Canadian TV personality Amber Mac for a fireside chat about a short film competition he’s been running since 2012 titled Jameson First Shot alongside the famed whiskey brand.
Here are five things I will share in my keynote presentation from my experience at the intersection between storytelling and brand marketing.
1. The State of Media and Marketing and How Brands are the new Producers
2. Brands need to Stop Interrupting What Consumers are Interested in and Start Becoming What They Are interested in.
3. The Why, How, and ROI of Content Marketing and Brand Storytelling, including real world examples and stories from the trenches.
4. How Brand Films can shift brand marketing from a cost center to a revenue center. Yes, content marketing can do marketing, drive sales, and create licensing revenue.
5. How Brands can launch their own Content Studios and produce content people actually want to watch.
Join Brunetti and and I for Buffer Festival’s ‘Industry Day‘ on Sept. 28, which will comprise a full day of panel discussions and case study presentations by online video thought leaders. Programming is slated to cover, for instance, how facial coding alters the way consumers react to products in influencer videos, how to invest and develop content with YouTube creators, and the future of content marketing.
And here’s one last fun fact:
Brunetti and I both served in the United States Coast Guard. Pretty cool, eh?
Hope to see you in Toronto on September 28th for Buffer Festival.